Savage Law attorney, Scott Bischoff, will collaborate with others at an ABA anti-poverty roundtable on Friday, October 14, 2016 at One80 Place. The goal of the program- Collaborate to Advocate: Lawyers and Communities Working to End Poverty- is to identify and promote best practices for eliminating legal and justice system-related policies, practices and procedures that unfairly perpetuate or worsen the harmful effects of poverty. Utilizing a facilitated roundtable discussion format, the program will bring together local perspectives in all Manifestation of Poverty areas to develop potential solutions for the challenges facing low-income and homeless persons. This discussion will have a special emphasis on minimizing the impact of the criminal justice system on vulnerable populations through alternatives to the criminalization of homelessness and specialty courts, including the potential Charleston Homeless Court.
- South Carolina Bar recognizes J. Scott Bischoff II with Pro Bono Award
- Scott Bischoff named SC Bar Association’s 2016 Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year
- Solicitor: Feidin Santana paid for flight to country, was reimbursed after Michael Slager trial
- Pushing for public funding, Michael Slager lawyer says Solicitor Scarlett Wilson ‘doesn’t believe in’ murder charge
- What Does It Take to Convict a Cop? A fleeing man. Eight bullets. A hung jury.