Savage Law attorney, Scott Bischoff, will collaborate with others at an ABA anti-poverty roundtable on Friday, October 14, 2016 at One80 Place. The goal of the program- Collaborate to Advocate: Lawyers and Communities Working to End Poverty- is to identify and promote best practices for eliminating legal and justice system-related policies, practices and procedures that unfairly perpetuate or worsen the harmful effects of poverty. Utilizing a facilitated roundtable discussion format, the program will bring together local perspectives in all Manifestation of Poverty areas to develop potential solutions for the challenges facing low-income and homeless persons. This discussion will have a special emphasis on minimizing the impact of the criminal justice system on vulnerable populations through alternatives to the criminalization of homelessness and specialty courts, including the potential Charleston Homeless Court.
- Assault charge against ex-SC Highway Patrol trooper dismissed on double jeopardy grounds
- Families in Charleston church massacre reach $88M settlement with DOJ
- Judge clears store clerk of murder in customer’s fatal shooting at downtown store
- Former Summerville man convicted of manslaughter to get new trial, state Supreme Court says
- Judge weighing Emanuel lawsuit derides FBI’s ‘outrageous’ approach to gun checks